Sport Premium Information and Action Plan
The government is providing additional funding of £150 million per annum for academic to improve provision of physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools. This funding is ring-fenced and therefore can only be spent on provision of PE and sport in schools.
The schools action plan and costings documentation can be found below or on the policies page by clicking here.
To Increase Participation in Sports and PE and Develop Healthy Life Styles by:
- Developing confidence in staff with the teaching of PE across school
- Promoting the importance of a healthy life style to all pupils
- Continuing to recognise the importance of upholding the Olympic and Paralympic Values across school
- Encouraging competitive sport across school and the pyramid
- Promoting competitive sport outside of school
Main Performance Indicators (expressed in terms of impact on pupils learning/progress where possible)
- Developed confidence amongst staff in the teaching and assessing of PE. Evidence of pupils making progress as a result.
- Teachers confidently recording levels of attainment for all pupils in all areas of the PE curriculum.
- Evidence of progression in all areas of PE curriculum (dance, gymnastics, athletics, invasion games) throughout the school.
- More pupils attending a variety of sporting clubs offered before and after school to improve and develop skills and knowledge.
- Realisation of the importance of leading a healthy life and making the right choices.
- The improvement and development of all pupils’ physical social and cognitive skills through PE.
- The improvement and development in pupils’ teamwork, leadership and communication skills.
- The development of a School Sports Notice Board highlighting and celebrating pupils sporting achievements both inside and outside of school.