Sport Premium Information and Action Plan
The government is providing additional funding of £150 million per annum for academic to improve provision of physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools. This funding is ring-fenced and therefore can only be spent on provision of PE and sport in schools.
The schools action plan and costings documentation can be found below:
Documents Linked to Sports Premium
To Increase Participation in Sports and PE and Develop Healthy Life Styles by:
- Developing confidence in staff with the teaching of PE across school
- Promoting the importance of a healthy life style to all pupils
- Continuing to recognise the importance of upholding the Olympic and Paralympic Values across school
- Encouraging competitive sport across school and the pyramid
- Promoting competitive sport outside of school
Main Performance Indicators (expressed in terms of impact on pupils learning/progress where possible)
- Developed confidence amongst staff in the teaching and assessing of PE. Evidence of pupils making progress as a result.
- Teachers confidently recording levels of attainment for all pupils in all areas of the PE curriculum.
- Evidence of progression in all areas of PE curriculum (dance, gymnastics, athletics, invasion games) throughout the school.
- More pupils attending a variety of sporting clubs offered before and after school to improve and develop skills and knowledge.
- Realisation of the importance of leading a healthy life and making the right choices.
- The improvement and development of all pupils’ physical social and cognitive skills through PE.
- The improvement and development in pupils’ teamwork, leadership and communication skills.
- The development of a School Sports Notice Board highlighting and celebrating pupils sporting achievements both inside and outside of school.