Birdsedge First is very much a school at the heart of the community it serves and community events have always been valued by the school.
Here are the community events we have done or have planned this year.
- School Open Evening - Monday 27th September 5:30pm - 7:30pm
- Harvest Festival - held in school, supported by the local chapel and with donations collected for a local foodbank
- Spooky Disco - a fun spooky fancy dress Disco for our children organised by Friends of Birdsedge
- Remembrance Day - a special service planned for school and the Local Community on November 11th beginning from 10:45am
- Christmas Fair - for school and the local community Saturday 4th December 2pm - 5pm
- Christmas Performance - put together by our children and shared with families on Monday 13th December at 1:30pm and 5:30pm
- Special Celebration Assemblies throughout the year led by local Reverend Steph - this includes Christmas Collective Worship in December, Shrove Tuesday Celebration, Easter Celebration and Pentecost Celebration.
- May Day Maypole Celebration
We also have ongoing groups running at school for families with young children who live in Birdsedge and the surrounding areas: